Modernized for face ID enabled phones.
Improvement to create group setup.
ScoreLynx is native iPhone/iPad application that gives golfers a live leader board during golf tournaments, golf outings, or casual multi-foursome rounds. For the competitive golfer or golf team captains, having the ability to know where you stand in the tournament at any point in time can be the difference between winning and losing in your event.
ScoreLynx setup for tournaments or multi-foursome play is fast and easy. Just create a unique "group name", then create a new game for their group. When the game is created you define the game type (several common games are available), skins type, course (you can easily create a custom course if your course is not available yet), and the tees to be played.
You can also setup the game/skins payouts by specify the per player ante for each. For games you can setup the percent payout for each place your game pays off. The app will compute all your game and skins payouts and list each players payout amount. So when all the players scores are in, all that's left is to divide up the money and congratulate the winners.
Users designated as their team's score keeper setup their foursome in much the same way they would on a paper score card. They add a team, and then add players to the team. Then hit "Start Scoring" and you'll see the leaderboard. By turning the device sideways a scorecard appears that allows a score keeper to enter each player's hole by hole gross score. The application figures out your net depending on the game type being played.
Turning the phone back to portrait returns you to the leaderboard. The leaderboard is automatically refreshed as other players scores are posted. The leaderboard can be viewed by team, player, skins or payouts. Tapping a player on the leaderboard opens that players "mini" scorecard so you can see any players hole by hole gross and net scores.
That’s it! It’s simple and easy to use, but will make you feel like a pro as you play through your round always knowing where you stand relative to the field.
To tryout ScoreLynx you can use the generic group name of "Demo". Choose an existing game there or create a new one. Enter your own teams and players and then checkout the leaderboard. Try posting some sample scores.
Removed the new score posting feature and restored to old approach.
Changed default score when posting to be par plus strokes for a player.
Switch to prod server.
Added new game types for Scramble formats. When choosing a Scramble format you can now set a team count. Upon creating the game, the teams and one player per team will automatically be created. If you update the game and adjust the count teams will be added or removed accordingly. This will allow for very fast setup of Scramble type games.
Fixed color problems for some color schemes on the add players by group list view.
Added highlighting on the leaderboard of the players and team that is currently scoring the game. This makes it easier for folks to pick themselves out of a large leaderboard.
Turned off requiring payment when adding more than one player to a team.
Moved send message function to the Settings menu.
Added an About ScoreLynx view to Settings.
Added several new options when creating a game:
- Show Notifications - controls whether the game will send out push notifications when a player scores a birdie or better.
- Show Pace Of Play - controls whether the game will show the pace of play indicators (turtles) on the leaderboard.
- Show Leaderboard - controls whether the game will show the leaderboard results. NOTE: this can be used in matches where you don't want the field to see the leaderboard while the match is ongoing. In this case you can create the game with the leaderboard turned off and then after all players have posted for all holes in the round, update the game to turn the leaderboard on.
- Show Skins - similar to "Show Leaderboard" option except applies to the games Skins results.
- Show Payouts - similar to the "Show Leaderboard" option except applies to Payout results.
- Use Group Handicaps - This will cause ScoreLynx to compute a handicap solely based on previous scores entered for players in your ScoreLynx group. This is invoked when a player is added to a team. The handicap populated for that player is the ScoreLynx computed one. The person adding the player is free to change the handicap after the fact, this only provides you handicap guidance. The rationale though is this will give you handicaps that are based on what the player's performance in your repeating competitions that are recorded in ScoreLynx.
- Multi Course Game - This indicates that game created is part of a set of games that are played across different course/tees. This is useful if you have players playing from different tee boxes but in the same competition. This will use the proper hole handicaps, slope and rating for the course being played. Visit scorelynx.com for more information on how to setup this type of tournament.
Enhanced calendar when adding a game
Added support for testing with development servers
New feature, ability to send messages to the scorers/watchers of game in real time.
Prior version was inadvertently released configured to hit the dev server. No user impact, but this needed to be changed quickly.
Bug fix, leaderboards where showing a swipe to delete option.
If game type is a team game (e.g. one net, one gross), default the leaderboard to the team tab.
- Fixes on the goto scorecard feature (i.e. turn phone sideways) to make it more responsive.
- Added a “net” score row to the mini scorecard on the player leader board. This will show you hole by hole what your hole score was for the game you are playing.
- Similarly, added a mini scorecard to the team leaderboard. So for team games again you can see what the app is calculating for your team for that hole.
- Added a “Nine” game, 3 player game that computes the players scores per hole based on a total of 9 pts.
- Added showing payout places summary on the add/update game page. So you’ll see what the payouts are set to for a game or “Not Set” if they haven’t been set yet.
Updated for ios11.
Support for multiple games at once. e.g. Front nine, back nine game.
Promotional feature added that allows one time trial of multi-player usage without having to pay for in app purchase.
Add ability to delete a previously entered score.
Add more validation on deleting games to prevent accidentally deleting a game.
Several optimizations of both the client and server components.
Now supports new game adoption without the need for an application update.